Find care providers near you
"After reading the official inspection report and visiting the provider, we hope that Good Care Guide becomes a deciding factor in choosing care."
Find out how your Good Care Guide profile can become an even greater tool for your business AND how you can become a member.
Working mothers face pay and childcare challenges, reports find https://t.co/U8ZtEo1JyJ
Good Care Guide Ltd ("GCG") is an online service that provides genuine user feedback on childcare and dependent care services
GCG is a joint venture between United for All Ages, a social enterprise, and My Family Care Ltd. More details about contacting GCG can be found below.
We understand that providing information online involves a great deal of trust on your part. We take this trust very seriously, and make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us. Before submitting your personal information to our Website, please read this Policy carefully to learn about our privacy practices.
What information we collect from you
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you ("personal information"), including your first and last name, email addresses (user name), and password. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to enjoy the benefits of being a registered member such as posting reviews.
Automatic Collection of Information
We may collect some information about your computer when you visit GCG. For example, we will collect session data, including your IP address, Web browser software, and referring Website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as content viewed and pages visited. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help us understand the interests of our users and customise your user experience.
Cookies are small data text files and can be stored on your computer's hard drive (if your Web browser permits).
- To help us recognise your browser as a previous visitor and save and remember any preferences that may have been set while your browser was visiting our site. (PHP session cookies used: PHPSESSID)
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of website features and offerings, advertisements, and email communications (by determining which emails you open and act upon, or statistical information). (Google analytics cookies used: __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz)
How we use your information
GCG uses the information we collect about you for the following general purposes: for registration and to manage your account, including to facilitate your access to and use of our site; to communicate with you in general, including to provide information about GCG; to enable us to publish your reviews, forum posts, and other content to the GCG community; to respond to your questions and comments; to measure interest in and improve our products, services, and website; to notify you about special offers and products or services available from us or our partners that may be of interest to you; and to otherwise customise your experience with GCG.
If you have signed up as the owner or manager of a care provider, we will send you email messages at the email address you provide to us.
With whom we share your information
GCG may share your information with the following entities:
- Business partners with whom we may offer products or services in conjunction. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear either with ours or separately
- Affiliated Websites. If you were referred to GCG from another Website, we may share your registration information, such as your name, email address, mailing address and telephone number about you with that referring Website. We have not placed limitations on the referring Websites' use of personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any Website that referred you to GCG
- Companies within our corporate family. We may share your personal information within the My Family Care Group. This sharing enables us to provide you with information about care services which might interest you.
We also may share your information:
- In response to court orders; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us
- When we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
How you can access your information
We endeavour to ensure that your information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, and complete. You can access and update your contact information by visiting GCG. You can close your GCG account by contacting us at the email address listed below. We will send you an email to confirm your request. Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with your account in our archives, including for analytical purposes as well as for recordkeeping integrity.
If you do not hold an account with us, or wish to contact us in relation to any personal information that is not displayed in your account, you may ask us to access, delete and modify the information that we hold about you by emailing us at the email address listed below.
How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using GCG and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorised employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorised persons from gaining access to your information.
How you can contact us
Good Care Guide
69-79 Fulham High Street
London SW6 3JW
Email: email@example.com | Tel: 0845 300 3086